The National Domestic Workers Alliance (www.domesticworkers.org) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. We work to guarantee labor protections for domestic workers by winning legislation at the state level, pushing for regulatory changes at the national level, through the International Labor Organization at the global level, and elevating domestic workers as key leaders in building a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60+ affiliates in 19 states nationally.
NDWA seeks a Development Associate with experience in foundation and individual fundraising. The Development Associate will support the fundraising team, including overall coordination of the grants calendar, database management, and providing capacity for prospect research, cultivation, and stewardship of supporters.
- Oversee portfolio of small-size foundation supporters with Development Manager, including all proposals, reports, and follow-up as needed
- Coordinate and tracking all grants received from foundation supporters
- Assist with general communications and updates
- Coordinate appropriate staff to receive content for proposals and reports
- Contribute to the content generation for grant proposals
Individual Donor Organizing\
- Prepare tax acknowledgements for donors
- Assist with donor stewardship (phone banking, thank you notes, etc.) and communications
- Engage staff in fundraising efforts
- Maintain grants calendar and donor records in database
- Research foundation prospects
- As needed, assist in any and all fundraising-related tasks, including joining check-ins, preparing reports, supporting events, and funder queries
Funds Management and Administration
- Minimum 2-3 years previous employment experience in nonprofit development, including foundation philanthropy
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and development systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA’s vision and values
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word (including mail merge), Excel, and Google Docs platform; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Familiarity with the domestic worker sector and issues facing domestic workers and other low-wage workers a plus
Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and a two-page writing sample to email@example.com. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.