The National Domestic Workers Alliance (www.domesticworkers.org) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we seek to help build a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 53 affiliates in 38 cities and 18 states nationally.
The National Domestic Workers Alliance seeks an experienced Development Director to develop and implement a fundraising strategy that includes cultivating, securing and maintaining contributions from foundations, corporations, other institutions and individuals, and for sustaining long-term donor relationships. The Development Director will oversee the Development Team and work towards our organizational growth priority of ensuring the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to ensure that the organization meets its annual financial goals and develops a strong financial base for the future.
- Take primary responsibility to Identify new funding opportunities.
- Partner with the Executive Director in cultivating relationships with individuals, foundations, corporations and other institutional contacts.
- Develop and provide leadership on implementation of an individual donor program, to include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and engagement of individual donors and stewardship of major donors.
- Support Director and other lead staff to align specific fundraising strategies with program and organizational priorities and to grow their role and work in fundraising.
- Work with the Communications Director to coordinate fund development strategies with the organization’s public relations and communication strategies and develop key messages for donor communications.
- Work with the Operations and Finance Director to reconcile our finances with fundraising outcomes.
- Supervise the Development Associate, Donor Organizer and fundraising grant-writing consultant.
- Implement and oversee the utilization of NDWA’s donor database and other necessary information management systems to support fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate monthly Development Team meetings.
- Create and execute a multi-year plan for the build out of NDWA’s development infrastructure.
- Support building the fundraising capacity of affiliates to increase their revenue streams.
- Travel Requirement: 10%
- At least 8 years of experience leading a multi-faceted development programs, with experience preferred in multiple business models.
- Experience to in building a comprehensive individual donor program, including cultivating donor relationships, soliciting and securing major gifts from individual donors.
- Experience in building a development infrastructure to serve organizational goals and objectives.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in securing foundation and other institutional grants, including prospect research, cultivation and writing grant proposals.
- Ability to prepare effective messages for donors, including the use of electronic communications.
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA’s vision and values;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail and well organized;
- Ability to work independently, in partnership with a Leadership Team in a rapidly growing organization;
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
- Proficiency with computer operations and programs, including donor database programs
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.