The National Domestic Workers Alliance organizes domestic workers and home care workers in the United States for respect, fairness and economic opportunity. We work to establish and raise labor standards and create good jobs for our workforce through organizing, workforce training and development, policy advocacy and partnerships. The Alliance was formed in 2007 and currently represents 68 affiliates and chapters in 18 states, and a growing base of individual members.
NDWA is initiating two organizing pilots with SEIU (Service Employees International Union), a labor union representing 2 million workers, including care workers, to expand our membership of home care and child care workers in North Carolina and Michigan. We are seeking a skilled Digital Organizer to support the organizing effort with digital strategies for finding, recruiting and engaging workers online, for building relationships with workers at scale and for using digital communications to build out a membership lifecycle. The Digital Organizer will work as part of organizing teams in both states.
- Execute digital strategies for member recruitment and engagement, including email, mobile, social media, and web, in coordination with state organizing team
- Manage all production aspects of email list, including list segmentation, some writing and editing, implementation of acquisition and growth strategies, and executing on editorial calendar
- Write and edit content for worker communications, including email, SMS, organic social, paid digital, and web and social media
- Implement execution of social media strategy, including posting, working with designers to produce graphics and video content, and weekly reporting
- Manage private member social conversations, including member communication, community moderation, and content generation
- Create and maintain weekly reporting, including creating report templates, basic data analysis, and report backs to relevant staff
- Demonstrated familiarity with digital platforms, especially social media
- Previous experience as an intern or fellow in a digital role a plus, but not required to be successful
- Experience as an organizer for a social justice organization
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially if you have demonstrated success in digital writing
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to meet deadlines, work successfully in a team, handle supervision, and attention to detail
- Commitment to building worker power, especially for marginalized communities
- Willingness to be coached and apply lessons and iterate on the work continuously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, especially with women of color
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish preferred
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.