The National Domestic Workers Alliance (www.domesticworkers.org) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we seek to help build a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum with 13 affiliated organizations and currently represents 66+ affiliates, NDWA We Dream in Black chapters and individual members.
The National Domestic Workers Alliance seeks an energetic and experienced Events Manager to work closely with the Deputy Directors to lead coordination of events that reflect our values and bring together the entire staff and alliance towards achieving our core priorities.
Coordinating Major Events:
- Lead Logistics for Member, Staff and Board events, ensuring that NDWA’s values of care and building power are reflected in the events. These events range in size from 1,000 Membership Assemblies to 25 in-person team retreats.
- Provide support to programs and teams for local &/or national mobilizations.
Working with Deputy Directors:
- Support the Deputy Directors in managing complex and rapidly changing daily, weekly and longer-term strategic priorities.
- Keep communications flowing to and from the Directors, to and from all relevant departments.
- Provide assistance with research, writing, editing presentations and other documents as well as help prepare agendas for internal and external events.
Supporting Organizational Systems
- Maintain and update the Events Planning Manual and systems.
- Manage Internal Staff Calendar and milestones.
- Assist the fundraising team in carrying out donor-related events.
- Participate in NDWA’s Administrative Team (A-team) and related projects.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for Events.
- Support other administrative projects as needed
- Travel Requirement: Travel fluctuates depending on the events schedule and can be as much as 40%.
- Proven skill in dealing with members, vendors, and the public;
- At least 2 years of related or comparable event planning experience at a national organization;
- Alignment with NDWA’s vision and values;
- Expertise, skill, interest and commitment in doing Event Planning and administrative work in the service of program and campaign goals;
- Proficiency with computer operations and programs, specifically:
- MS office suite
- Macbooks and Apple products
- Google Applications for Nonprofits
- Online Cloud Computing and other web-based programs
- Database management programs
- Project management programs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized;
- Self motivated- proven ability to work independently;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Supervision abilities, and the ability to share administrative skills through mentoring;
- Ability to work independently, and in partnership with a highly motivated Administrative Team in a rapidly growing organization;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours- especially one week before an Event, and the week of the Event;
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color;
- Familiarity with both local grassroots organizations and national organizations; and
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred but not required.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.