The National Domestic Workers Alliance organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we seek to help build a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60 affiliated organizations in 36 cities and 17 states nationally.
We’re looking for a great writer who can think like a marketer and an organizer to build and engage our diverse audience of domestic workers online, including nannies, house cleaners, and care workers across the country. Specifically, you should be:
- A sharp writer, primarily for online ads and social media content that drives member signups and engages workers on an ongoing basis. Digital writing and advertising is the focus of this position.
- A native or fluent Spanish speaker who can write in both languages as well as translate text from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
- Metrics-driven and familiar with online ads reporting. We have ambitious goals around the numbers of domestic workers we’re looking to reach, so you should be comfortable with social media metrics and analytics such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, and Google Analytics, and know how to use them to drive social media strategy and tactics.
- Skilled at writing for a range of digital mediums. While the focus of your writing will be social media and online ads, you’ll likely do some writing for SMS, email, and website content.
- Able to think like a marketer about what will grab our audiences and bring them in.
- Able to think like an organizer about how we keep our audience of domestic workers engaged after our initial contact with them.
The ideal candidate has experience managing social media and/or doing online marketing for a nonprofit, campaign, or company. However, we’re open to a range of different backgrounds, so let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this position and what you would bring to it!
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply. Send an email, including a note in the body of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org about your background, why you’re interested in the position, and why you believe you’re the right fit for the job. Attach a resume (with a phone number where we can contact you) and a sample of your writing in English and Spanish.