Fair Care Labs focuses on generating ideas and finding solutions that make work better for nannies, caregivers, and cleaners. As the social innovation hub of the National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), one of the country’s most dynamic and successful social change organizations, Fair Care Labs is charged with experimenting with new ideas, building partnerships with the private sector and launching sustainable business ventures that will create a fairer future for the care industry.
As a Marketing Manager, you’ll have the rare opportunity to define the identity, drive the growth, and shape the strategic direction for one of the fastest growing and innovative early stage social enterprise hubs in the country, and drive the marketing strategy of key projects with FCL Social Entrepreneurs.
Alia, a new technology platform, will revolutionize work for thousands of domestic workers across the country and help undo legacies of generational racism and sexism that have shaped the industry for decades. The Alia platform is the socially responsible way to pay the house cleaner you trust and finally allows house cleaners to enjoy the benefits that most of us take for granted in our jobs. For just a couple bucks more each cleaning, house cleaning clients can ensure that their house cleaners receive life changing benefits like healthcare, sick days, disability insurance, retirement, and more that have been out of reach for centuries.
Contractsfornannies.com is a new technology tool that is the “Turbo-tax” for nanny contracts. An online site that allows the user to fill in a form and create their own printable pdf contract, while providing tips/information and access to the regulations and education about the legal requirements employers and workers need to know, all at the same time. Contractsfornannies.com’ s mission is to raise the standards and quality of work for caregivers in the workplace.
- Lead strategy for customer employer/client facing acquisition and growth for FCL and key projects.
- Implement online and offline marketing campaigns including earned, social, and digital media, paid advertising, and channel partnerships.
- Interface directly with target audiences to understand their motivations and inform brand position and messaging strategy.
- Create print and digital collateral to support marketing campaigns.
- Manage the creative process and develop/contribute to brand consistency across various projects.
- Develop presentations that effectively represent the project/brand and assist in overall business development.
- Generate content and support websites for FCL, keeping them updated and current.
- Travel percentage: Approx 15-30%, dependent on work location/homebase
- At least 3 years of proven experience marketing and growing a large base of customers, users, or members
- Analytical skills and ability to draw insights and make decisions driven by data and numbers
- Experience writing compelling and creative advertising copy and marketing messages
- Leadership capacity with energy and appetite to join a new venture, work hard, and think big
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA and FCL’s vision and values
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred but not required
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop), preferred but not required
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.