The National Domestic Workers Alliance (www.domesticworkers.org, NDWA) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. We work to guarantee labor protections for domestic workers by winning legislation at the state level, pushing for regulatory changes at the national level, through the International Labor Organization at the global level, and elevating domestic workers as key leaders in building a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60+ affiliates across the country.
NDWA recognizes the role that administration and organizational infrastructure building plays in supporting a healthy organizational ecology, and we are seeking an Operations Associate to join our team. The Operations Associate will serve as an integral part of the staff and will provide in-office administrative and logistical support to the Administrative team and NDWA staff. The Operations Associate This position will primarily be responsible for: 1) performing general administrative duties in support of the NDWA organizational systems; and 2) supporting onsite management of NDWA’s national office located in NYC, and providing offsite support to NDWA’s other offices.
Providing administrative and operations support for the organization, including:
- Answering the phone and responding to general inquiry emails
- Supporting staff onboarding and offboarding processes
- Supporting organization and Alliance-wide meetings and events logistics as needed; and
- Handling incoming administrative and operations requests from staff.
Providing administrative and operations support for the NY office and NDWA’s other office locations, including:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the NY office by greeting visitors, liaising with the landlord, handling office requests, and helping to foster a positive working environment
- Supporting staff working remotely and in NDWA’s other offices by providing logistics and administrative guidance
- Opening and processing mail and packages
- Facilitating shipments to staff, members and affiliates
- Maintaining and replenishing inventories of office supplies, equipment, technology and organizational collateral and
- Managing relevant office vendor relations including co-working spaces and landlords.
- Participate in organizational meetings and retreats as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent relational skills: someone who is friendly, diplomatic, patient, and who has a pleasant disposition
- Expertise, skill, interest, and commitment to doing administrative work
- Experience in managing multiple projects and tasks
Skilled proficiency with technology and computer operations and programs, specifically:
- Macbooks and Apple products
- Online Cloud Computing and other web-based programs
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations
- Self motivated and a proven ability to work both independently and in partnership with different teams and staff members
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA’s vision and values
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker preferred
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.