The National Domestic Workers Alliance organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we seek to help build a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60 affiliated organizations in 36 cities and 17 states nationally.
The National Domestic Workers Alliance seeks an energetic and experienced Workforce Development and Training Director to direct and develop the Alliance’s workforce development and training programs, including: 1) identifying and delivering new and innovative training opportunities for childcare providers, housecleaners and home care workers, that both improve upon and help transform the workforce for the 21st Century; 2) testing training as a viable means of organizational growth, both for bringing workers into the organization and/or securing higher industry standards; and 3) integrating our workforce development strategy with a comprehensive strategy to improve the quality of jobs in domestic work.
- Serve as organization’s senior leader on strategy and operations to achieve goals related to workforce training
- Serve as a working manager for small, but growing team, overseeing day-to-day operations
- Build and own annual planning cycles including budgeting and OKR accountabilities
- Build and empower a high performing team capable of high quality production on tight timelines
- Coach and support the development of team members
- Prioritize work in a dynamic environment on a daily basis
- Build supply and demand side partnerships
- Lead overarching systems and process to ideate, prioritize, and test value propositions
- Lead overall development of all training services and products from inception through delivery
- Prepare organization for and lead overall operations needed to deliver learning experiences at high scale
- Represent NDWA in related coalitions, conferences and key events.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Significant experience leading development of digital learning experiences, including video and mobile
- Deep understanding of current trends in edtech space and experience applying these insights
- Strong experience in competency based, modularized, short-duration learning design
- Combination of ability to lead for creativity and laser focus needed to deliver
- Strong product development skills including advanced knowledge of tools to plan, prioritize, and drive work
- Highly adept at using lean start-up methods to generate and validate value propositions, create prototypes and MVPs
- Understanding of modern learning science research and how to apply it
- Understanding of workforce development systems
- Budget and vendor management experience
- High degree of ability to adapt and change in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to build and lead high performing teams
- HIgh integrity and strong communication skill
- Strong commitment to NDWA’s mission and vision
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled..